William “Bill” Roberts (retired)
Bill is now retired from Chaplaincy but we wanted to honor and thank him for his many years of service to Canby and surrounding areas.
Born in Poughkeepsie, NY, and lived in Wappingers Falls, NY, until 1958. I graduated from Wappingers Central School in my hometown. 1958
College: Delhi Tech, New York, Associates in Applied Science, Animal Husbandry, graduated 1961
Mt. Angel College, Bachelor of Arts, Elementary Education, graduated 1971
Military: U.S. Air Force, 1961 – 1965, honorable discharge after serving in the Far East and Sacramento, CA.
Married my bride, Cleo 1965
Employment: Recently retired serving as a volunteer chaplain for area police and fire departments.
- Emergency Service Chaplaincy, Inc., Salem, 2000 – 2004. Responded to traumatic police/fire events to assist responders and people on scene.
- Allstate Insurance, 1988 – 1993, owned insurance sales office.
- Rural Dell School, 1993 – 2000, elementary school teacher
- Molalla Elementary School, 1972 – 1976, elementary school teacher
- Caffel Brothers, Inc, Estacada, road builder and truck driver
- Pike and Davis Survey Co., land surveyor assistant
- Burghardt Homes, wood construction technician
- Mountain Timber Cutting Co, timber faller
- Yule Tree Farms, metal fabricator, built Christmas tree bailers
Ordained pastor: serving at Foursquare Church, Canby, OR 1991
Hobbies: Woodworking, photography, gardening, riding my Harley, part time comedian, human relation technician.
Remarkable events: rode my Harley across the United States to “The Wall” in D. C. with 300 Vietnam Vets. My wife flew D. C. and we took six weeks on the Harley to return home. This was our delayed honeymoon. 2007