Due to COVID-19 Canby Fire District is taking precautions to ensure the safety and health of employees so they can continue to serve the community during emergencies. Canby Fire District offices will be closed until further notice. Please consider calling our office at 503-266-5851 instead of coming to the station. If you do visit the station, you will be directed to ring the doorbell and be greeted by a medic. Thank you for your support during this circumstance.
Please call 9-1-1 if you are experiencing an emergency. Our vestibule outside the lobby will remain open, which contains a phone that directs you to a dispatcher once picked up.
Canby Fire does NOT have access to COVID-19 test kits
Canby Fire District has implemented an Incident Action Plan (IAP) for use by internal staff and affiliated partners. This IAP is updated daily with new information, contacts, and protocols. We are working to ensure the safety of our personnel in order to continue to provide a high level of service to our community.
Canby Fire is taking precautionary measures such as the following:
- Our district office is closed until further notice, but we can still be reached by telephone. If you have an emergency, please dial 9-1-1.
- Our community room, meetings, public events, and trainings have been canceled, rescheduled, or postponed until further notice.
- Clackamas County dispatch has implemented new screening protocols for call takers to ensure that safety of all first responders before they arrive on scenes.
- We continue to monitor hospitals and official agency’s websites for updated information in coordination with our Medical Director’s guidance.
- Our cleanliness and sanitation of apparatus, personnel, and facilities, as well as the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) has increase drastically to decrease the risk of contamination to personnel and patients.
We appreciate the patience and support from everyone as we work through these situations. Our number one priority is keeping our crews and staff healthy so they are able to serve the community.
Canby Fire is asking for any new, unused N95 masks and/or gowns. If you have these items, please consider donating them to Canby Fire’s donation site in the Canby Fire parking lot at 221 S. Pine St. We appreciate the help from our community.